Friday, April 29, 2016

Worldly Happiness is Short Lived




 
Since infinite lifetimes, all of us are searching happiness in this material world but according to our scriptures (Vedas) and our personal experiences, there is no doubt that worldly happiness is short lived. It is finite and illusive. If there is pleasure in any material object, then we should experience this pleasure forever. But this is not the case. The pleasure from wealth, spouse, children, food etc. keeps on fluctuating and finally comes to an end.

During his tour of Gujarat in 2016, Swamiji delivered the following pad explanation in the city of Anand.  To find out more detailed explanation about this pad, listen to this audio lecture and pad sung by Swami Mukundananda. 

naatha! aba bhatakata thaki gaye paama
O Shree Krishna! Wandering aimlessly in this world,
my feet have now become exhausted.

puni puni janami janami dukha payo, nahi payo vishraam
Born again and again, life after life, I have experienced only sorrow. Never have I found rest even for a single moment.

joote laata khaata pati vanitani, nahi abahu uparaama
Innumerable times have I suffered abuse and insult from my worldly relations, but I have not developed any detachment from them to date.

parhata sunata jaanata maanata pai, mana dhaanata hatha baama
Though I have acquired enough scriptural knowledge through reading and listening, and I accept their truth, even then my mind refuses to abandon its stubbornness. 

yadyapi tava leela guna gaavat, leta tumharoi naama
Although I always sing the glories of your divine pastimes and virtues and chant only your name...

tadapi ‘kripalu’ kripalu kripa binu, chhutai na indrina kaama
Says Shree ‘Kripalu’, “O merciful Shree Krishna, but without your grace, the attachment of these senses to material objects will not go away.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment